Wish Upon A Dish: Watercress Mustard Grilled Chicken Breasts ♥ Not just for soup anymore!

June 24, 2014

Watercress Mustard Grilled Chicken Breasts ♥ Not just for soup anymore!


If you do anything this summer, it must be this marinade. Not only did it tenderize the chicken, it added great flavor. It isn't a bold flavor, but a subtle, smooth taste that complimented the chicken completely.

It was a dish that Art Smith created when he was Oprah's private chef and it could not have been easier.
I ate watercress for the first time last week. You've heard of watercress soup, right? The first course soup served at ladies luncheons for the nouveau riche?

I always thought it was just another lettuce with green flavor but besides being on the top of this list it has a wonderful flavor. Who woulda thunk? When I buy a large package of food that I know I will only use a spoonful of, I try to do research on what else I could cook it with.

This was perfect. I marinaded the chicken breasts for only about 2 hours, and grilled them, which added more flavor. The Nudge went back for seconds, he never does that!!

Seriously good with a nice bonus of being oober healthy. I would make a batch of this and freeze it in individual snack bags. This would also be great on seafood.

I did not have access to the specialized watercress mustard but Art's suggestion of watercress and Dijon was a great sub.

I made an Ultimate Caprese Salad for a side and we had a great low carb, easy dinner.

Watercress Mustard Chicken
Adapted from Art Smith
 Serves : 6
* 1/4 cup Dijon mustard
* 2 tablespoons minced watercress
* 2 tablespoons fresh lemon juice
* 1 tablespoon extra-virgin olive oil
* 1 cup chopped fresh parsley
* 2 teaspoons fresh tarragon or 1 teaspoon dried
* 2 cloves garlic, chopped
* 6 thin boneless chicken breasts
* Salt & pepper to taste

1. Process all the ingredients except the chicken.
2. Pour over the chicken in a zip bag and store in the fridge for as long as it takes to get the grill hot.
3. Grill the chicken about 3 minutes per side.

Follow Me on Pinterest

No comments :