Wish Upon A Dish: Not your Momma's BLT

August 22, 2011

Not your Momma's BLT

When we were in Maine three weeks ago, I went tourist and had lunch at a Johnny Rocket's.

I admit, I had never eaten there and was curious. I ordered the Chicken Club Sandwich consisting of a grilled chicken breast with applewood smoked bacon, iceberg lettuce, fresh tomato & mayonnaise on triple-decker sourdough.
A sandwich so simple it was delicious.

I have had a craving for a really good BLT on sourdough since then.

I bought a sourdough loaf at Panera's on Saturday and tonight I am making us the best BLT club I can.

Two slices of heirloom tomato, iceberg lettuce, 3 slices of applewood smoked butcher bacon, roasted garlic pesto mayonnaise and a thin slice of Vermont cheddar on a triple decker of toasted sourdough bread.

This was sooooooo good. The mayonnaise put it over the top. Before all the good tomatoes are gone, you have to make these.

No comments :