Wish Upon A Dish: Low-Fat, Sugar-Free Blueberry Mini Cheesecakes

August 20, 2011

Low-Fat, Sugar-Free Blueberry Mini Cheesecakes

I am a sucker for cute, mini baking pans. I would buy them all and I do have quite a collection. What I did not have was mini cheesecake pans.

I do now.

I should never go down the baking aisle at Walmart's, but I did.





I have mini bundt pans, mini pie pans, mini tart pans and mini brioche molds.




Last night I made 4 mini blueberry cheesecakes. I had homemade No Sugar Added Maine Blueberry Jam in my pantry and it was a no-brainer what the topping would be.

I rarely use a recipe for my cheesecakes, the ratio I use is a "per 8oz brick of cream cheese" recipe......

It works every time.



For these (4) mini cheesecakes I used: 1 fat-free brick of cream cheese, 1 brick 1/3 less-fat cream cheese, 1/2 cup egg sub (or 2 eggs), 1 tablespoon flour, 1/4 tsp salt, 1 tsp vanilla and 1/2 cup Splenda (or Truvia, or Ideal) and a squeeze of fresh lemon juice.

For the crust: 1 package honey graham crackers, 2 tablespoons Almond or Hazelnut flour, 1 tablespoon agave nectar, 2 tablespoons sugar sub, 2 tablespoons ICBINB spread. Mix in processor. Press 2-3 tablespoons into each pan with the back of a spoon. You will probably have leftover crumb because I do not like a thick crust, but that would be up to you if you want to use it all.

Bake crusts at 300F for 11 minutes, remove from oven and cool to the touch,
Evenly divide cheese into 4 pans and bake for 25 minutes in a 325F oven, Shut off oven and let cheesecakes rest in oven for 45 minutes.

Remove from oven, spread on topping and refrigerate at least 4 hours.



These were light, creamy and oh-so-good good. Easy to make, change the toppings with other no sugar added preserves and you have a dessert no one would suspect being healthy and very Diabetic Friendly.

We shared one cheesecake, it was more then enough at 4", so the nutritionals would be half of what's listed. That's a good thing.......

No comments :