Wish Upon A Dish: Key Lime Cheesecake ♥ Italian Style

May 30, 2011

Key Lime Cheesecake ♥ Italian Style

I decided to make a Key Lime Cheesecake. I wanted it to be a lighter texture than an all cream cheese one so I used a 16oz container of ricotta cheese and cut the cream cheese bars down to 2, upped the eggs and added lime zest and lime juice until it was as tart as we wanted then I added the sugar until the balance was perfect.

I do not use a standard recipe for flavored cheesecakes because the flavorings can change the ratio. I taste as I go and they turn out perfect every time.
This particular cheesecake was an Italian-style cheesecake, the kind they make with ricotta.














Italian-Style Key Lime Cheesecake
makes 1 (8") cake
* 1 cup graham cracker crumbs
* 2 tablespoon butter
* 2 tablespoon sugar

Process these ingredients until mixed, press into a parchment lined 8" springform pan and bake at 350F for 11 minutes. Remove and cool.

* 2 bricks cream cheese, room temp
* 16oz container room temp ricotta cheese, pureed
* 4 eggs
* 2 tablespoon flour
* 1 teaspoon vanilla
* 1/3 cup lime juice
* zest from 1 lime
* 1/2 teaspoon salt

Mix everything in a stand mixer and pour into cooled cracker crust.
Bake for 1 1/2 hours at 325F. Turn off oven and crack the oven door opened a few inches for 1 hour. Cover and refrigerate.

Follow Me on Pinterest

No comments :