Wish Upon A Dish: Roasted Broccoli

April 7, 2011

Roasted Broccoli

I have to apologize for not posting creative dishes recently but this week I needed a break from cooking something new. I have extreme organizing and cleaning to do.

I must be in a generous mood because I am making another one of The Nudge's favorites for dinner tonight.

Chicken cutlets with applesauce, Kraft macaroni and cheese and roasted broccoli.

Yes, I know, but I certainly will eat the chicken, the applesauce and the broccoli.

The Nudge, well, he just loves that blue box.

I have so much chicken in the freezer, I have got to use it up and breaded chicken cutlets are one of my favs also. My Mom would always make Rice a Roni with mine but The Nudge is not a fan of rice (well at least he isn't if he can have his blue box).

Since everyone knows how to bread and shallow fry a chicken cutlet I will show you my roasted broccoli.

Cut up as much broccoli as you need for a meal and slice a half a small onion and 3 garlic cloves.

I have a really good tip for you....in a plastic food bag (the inexpensive type that use a twist-tie, not the zip kind) toss in only 2 teaspoons of olive oil, the cut up broccoli florets, salt & pepper, the onions and garlic cloves. Hold the top tightly and shake, shake, shake until the oil gets into those tight florets and coats everything. You will use less then half the oil you would if you glug, glug it into a bowl and stir the florets.

Now, that's a very good thing calorie and fat wise.

On a foil lined sheet pan, roast everything in a preheated oven set at 375F for 30 minutes. When done mash the garlic cloves and spoon everything into a serving bowl.

Top with some grated cheese (this is optional but sooooo good).

How easy was this? Sometimes the simplest of things are the best.

1 comment :

painting classes said...

I like your blog!...Daniel