Wish Upon A Dish: Jamaican Pork Tenderloin

March 27, 2011

Jamaican Pork Tenderloin

Last week when I made the pork tenderloin for St. Pat's Day I defrosted the whole package, which always includes 2 tenderloins. I browned them both off but wrapped the extra one in foil and put it in the freezer. Since I am trying to clean out the freezer to get ready for BBQ season it is time to bake it off.

I will make another fav of ours only because I have all the ingredients on hand.
I probably could have baked this pork with over a dozen sauces but I guess I was in the mood for something sweet and spicy so..........






Jamaican Pork Tenderloin
makes 4 servings
* 1 cup marinara sauce
* 2 tbls brown sugar
* 1 tsp each, cinnamon, allspice, mace, thyme leaves, cumin and coriander
* 1/2 tsp cayenne
* 1/4 cup white wine
* salt & pepper
* 2 small bay leaves

Mix everything in a bowl, pour over the tenderloin, cover tightly and bake for 35 minutes at 375F.

Remove meat to platter, slice diagonally. Add 2 pats of butter to sauce and spoon over meat.

Serve with rice and a vegetable.
I made caramelized carrots and a Spanish yellow rice to sop up all the sauce.
Even after being browned, frozen and reheated, the tenderloin remained moist and tender, actually perfectly cooked.

No comments :