Wish Upon A Dish: Chicken Parmesan with Creamy Polenta

December 20, 2010

Chicken Parmesan with Creamy Polenta

The Nudge wanted Chicken Parmesan, I wanted Polenta.

Worked out great, I get extra polenta for croutons for my Potato and Leek Soup tomorrow night and I used up the last of my sauce, mozzarella and meatballs I found in the fridge.

Yes, I sliced 2 meatballs into 8 pieces and placed them on top of the breaded cutlets, then some sauce, the Parmesan cheese and the mozzarella.
I baked it for 45 minutes while I made the polenta.

Polenta is easy. 5:1 on the water to cornmeal. Salt, a bay leaf and some pepper.

Simmer for 45 minutes. Add cream, butter and grated cheese at the end and serve.


I poured enough polenta into a bowl for dinner and the remaining I spread in a small sheet pan to harden for tonight's croutons.

I will cut the polenta into cubes, dredge them in flour and shallow saute in oil until GB&D. Will be great with the creamy potato and leek soup for dinner tonight night.

No comments :