Wish Upon A Dish: Stuffed Rosti

September 21, 2010

Stuffed Rosti


I am thinking Rosti. A stuffed Rosti to be exact.

A thin layer of shredded potatoes, baked on a sheet pan, then stuffed with cheesy, gooey vegetables and served with poached or over easy eggs.

The Nudge would even like that.

I have 1 1/2 baking potatoes in the fridge, roasted red peppers and Muenster cheese. I need a side for dinner tonight.

Roasted Potatoes with Cheese and Red Peppers has a GI of 27.....
Good enough for me.

Here's how I made them:


I shredded 1 large Idaho Russet, soaked in water, drained them and squeezed them dry.


I sprayed a small non-stick pan with PAM and placed 1 cup of the shredded potatoes in and flattened them with a spatula. I then sprayed the top, covered with a lid and, on low, cooked them for 3 minutes.


I removed the lid and placed a thick slice of Muenster cheese in the center. Re-covered and let the cheese melt for about 1 minute, just to make it pliable.


I then added a 2" slice of roasted pepper on one half of the potatoes.


With a spatula I folded one half of the potato over the other and removed to a sheet pan. Just like you would a pan omelet.


I baked these on a high 450° right before eating.I wanted the potatoes to stay crunchy crisp.
Remove to cool slightly and serve with your meal.





Follow Me on Pinterest

No comments :