Wish Upon A Dish: Back to the everyday grind....

September 7, 2010

Back to the everyday grind....

...after 5 days off I wasn't looking forward to today. After going through the days without any structure or regimen, things don't get done that normally would on a regular work week.

Takes me a full morning to get my groove on.

Tonight dinner is really easy, always welcome on a day like today.

Left over shredded beer can chicken, Tahini sauce (recipe to follow), salsa fresca, pocketless pitas, lettuce salad (from last nights dinner) and zucchini pickles (recipe on this site).
I got the idea from a Food and Wine Magazine recipe and adapted it to things I have in the fridge.

Tahini Sauce
* 1/2 cup homemade creme fraiche
* 2 tablespoons cider vinegar
* 2 tablespoons fresh lemon juice
* 1 clove garlic, minced
* salt & pepper to taste
* 1/4 teaspoon cardamon
* 2 tablespoons tahini paste
* 1/8 teaspoon cayenne

Exchanges for 1 stuffed soft taco:
1 starch
2 meat
2 fat
1/4 milk

Build your own soft taco and......dinner is served.
This was very good, so good The Nudge asked to take them to work for lunch.

I liked the Tahini Sauce that I made and would make it again anytime I want to make a soft taco with sliced left-over meat. It really wakes it up nicely.

No comments :