Wish Upon A Dish: Non-traditional Pizza

August 30, 2010

Non-traditional Pizza

I want to make a pizza but not a tomato, mozzarella kind, something different.

I can tell The Nudge isn't quite buying it, but I think once it's made he will like it.

I have so many small containers of foods in the fridge that I really need to use up, a rotisserie chicken breast, Chinese-style grilled eggplant & Shiitake mushrooms, heirloom tomatoes and a few ends of Jack and Manchego cheeses.

I have a half recipe of bread dough I can use for the crust in the freezer. I need a sauce. I have the last of the ricotta from the scones, I could make a ricotta bechamel with lots of Romano cheese.

This is going to be a multi-cultural pizza, that's for sure.

The Nudge said this was quite possibly one of the best pizzas I have ever made. That's quite a compliment because The Nudge is a pizza connoisseur.

The Nudge just told me he's going to Sweden in October for 2 days. Not a trip I would want to make, fly for 10 hours, sleep Sunday, meetings Monday & Tuesday, fly another 10 hours on Wednesday and go to work on Thursday....Not a trip I would want to take and NO pizza either.

No comments :