Wish Upon A Dish: Copy Cat Chili's Southwest Egg Rolls

July 21, 2010

Copy Cat Chili's Southwest Egg Rolls

This should be interesting. I can't remember the last time I had one, so I can't remember what was in them so I'm relying on the internet to get me started.
After I made the insides I rolled them up egg roll-style. Left & right sides in toward filling, bottom over sides then rolled until sealed. I egg washed all 4 points of the wrapper.


I had enough filling for 19 egg rolls. I am frying mine not baking, I just like the crunchy crust you get from frying.


Along with the rolls I made a chipotle ranch sour cream dipping sauce.


Southwest Egg Rolls
serves 4-6

* 2 tbls canola oil
* 2 cups shredded pork or chicken
* 3 scallions, minced
* 3 cloves garlic, minced
* 1/2 cup diced green peppers, diced onion and corn
* 1 packet HOT Taco Seasoning
* 3 tbls sriracha sauce
* 1 can chopped green chilies
* salt & pepper
* 1 cup chicken broth
* 2 tbls chopped spinach
* 1 can black beans, drained and rinsed
* 1/4 cup cream cheese
* 1/2 cup shredded pepper jack cheese
* 1/2 cup grated Romano cheese

In canola oil saute onions, green peppers, and garlic until soft.
Add Taco seasoning and broth.
Check for salt & pepper
Add hot sauce, can of chilies and meat. Cover and simmer for 20 minutes on low.
Add beans.
Remove and cool.
Add cheeses. Prepare egg rolls.
Fry at 375F until GB&D.

Chipotle Ranch Sour Cream Dipping Sauce

* 1 tbls Chipotle in Adobo Sauce
* 1 tbls Agave Nectar
* 2/3 cup sour cream
* 1/2 packet ranch dressing dry seasonings

Mix and refrigerate.

These were so good, I would make them again, easily. The Nudge told me they are like the Chili's egg rolls but actually thought they had more flavor and he had seconds and thirds, they were that good. I put 8 away in the freezer for another night when I just don't feel like cooking or I have nothing to cook. He took 2 for lunch with extra dipping sauce and I have 2 for lunch here.

Follow Me on Pinterest

No comments :