Wish Upon A Dish: Drinking an El Presidente while grilling Italian Hot Sausages............ with Homemade Mini-Hogie Rolls

July 3, 2010

Drinking an El Presidente while grilling Italian Hot Sausages............ with Homemade Mini-Hogie Rolls

We went to the butchers for a rack of baby backs and I couldn't resist the Italian sausages they make.
Easy grilling.

I had leftover hamburger roll dough in the refrigerator and I will defrost and make mini hoagie rolls the size of a sausage link.


They aren't pretty but they taste great. I'm sorry if I prefer taste to looks.

Nothing wrong with homemade rolls.
If I don't have enough hubby will eat the sausages dry. He likes everything dry, a bagel sandwich is fried egg & bacon....dry.
I get the Taylor ham, egg & cheese with the works, salt, pepper, ketchup & mustard.

Sausages were good and grilled to perfection. Hubby ate his dry and as you can see I had roasted peppers and onions on mine. YUM

Right now I am drinking a classic margarita with fresh lime juice and a splash of brandy for that........."hmmm, what is that ingredient?".
El Presidente Margarita
* Equal parts lime juice & Triple Sec
* 2 parts Jose Cuervo Tequila
* Splash of El Presidente brandy or any good brandy

I will prepare the rub for tomorrow using my secret weapon......equal parts Emeril's BAM and brown sugar. Why measure all those spices when he's done it for you?
Hubby likes a dry style rib rack, ever since he went to Rendezvous in Memphis.

1 comment :

The Food Hunter said...

Oh look at those rolls!