Wish Upon A Dish: Blackberry Cheesecake Tart

May 27, 2010

Blackberry Cheesecake Tart

Why do we all buy things that we never cook, and end up throwing it away?
Even if we make something with it, we end up throwing THAT away.
I found blackberries I didn't eat and 2 fairly large zucchini in my fridge. I never grilled the zucchini and I couldn't eat all the berries (they were sweet but I also bought strawberries.
My problem is I am not a baker. If you go back through my recipes, you may find 2 goodies.
2 reasons............I hate measuring, I have no patience & I end up throwing half of it away because we just don't eat many sweets.
OOPS, that's 3 reasons.

Hubby could eat ice cream everyday of the year, or my cheesecake.
That I can make. I make all kinds. I used to sell a pumpkin cheesecake to 3 small bar/restaurants during the fall up to Christmas.
My gifts to everyone at Christmas is a small cheesecake (flavor of the year) that I bake right into a 6" aluminum cookie tin.
I probably bake a dozen a Christmas.

Cheesecake can be very addictive and fattening. I will stick to what I know and make a diabetic friendly, low-fat blackberry cheesecake tart (now that's a mouthful).

I made just enough processor dough to fit an 8" tart pan.

Processor Dough:
* 3/4 cup whole wheat pastry dough
* 4 tbls cold butter
* 2 tbls splenda no calorie (there are 2, read the label)
* 2-3 tbls cold water

Process till it comes together and press into cold tart pan, refrigerate while making the filling.








Cheesecake Filling:

* 1 1/2 bars 1/3 less fat cream cheese (room temperature)
* 1/4 cup light sour cream
* 1 X-large egg (room temperature)
* 1/2 cup Splenda
* 1 tsp vanilla
* 1 tbls lemon zest
* 1 tbls flour
* 1/2 tsp salt
* 1-2 Pints Blackberries

In standing mixer, blend everything together until smooth and pour into cold tart crust.

Push fresh, washed blackberries right into the filling. Space about 3/4" apart because they might burst and spread.

Place on a baking sheet, in the center of a preheated 350 degree oven bake for 25-30 minutes.



Every morning me and my cat make the rounds to check all the plants and flowers and the neighborhood. When I came around the side of the house this.......







greets me on my side door stoop. I just had to smile.....isn't that why we plant them?

No comments :